Re: Well done on new devel pages

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 05:33:56PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  > It's also worth mentioning that the new page is completely valid
>  > HTML, it doesn't use one bit of new web stuff (CSS, DHTML, whatever).
>
>  CSS is *good*.  It lets you achieve your v i s u a l   t r i c k s
>  (looks awful, doesn't it?)

It doesn't. :)

>  without forcing HTML into a presentation language. The only problem with
>  CSS is the sorry support Netscape has for it.

Errr, what about lynx, links or w3m? Last I checked they didn't support it,
either. So you'd have to make it look good with and without CSS, which is
twice the work and would probably make an impact on file sizes. And,
verifying CSS stuff looks bearable in four[1] non-compliant browsers is
harder than doing the same for tables in Lynx.

[1] plus older versions of currently CSS-compliant browsers...