Re: urlcheck for website updated

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 03:26:30PM -0800, James A. Treacy wrote:
> > > The urlcheck of the debian website has been updated.
> > > Please help fix any broken links.
> > >
> > > As usual, the results are at
> > > http://people.debian.org/~treacy/urlcheck/
> >
> > You might have to upgrade modem you check this on to something other than
> > 1200/75 bd :)
> >
> > Every URL I checked in the vendor's page came up fine; and I live in the
> > Internet backwater called Australia.
>
> It is run on klecker, which has very good bandwidth, so I'm not sure what
> the problem is. The output is quite explicit about what the problem
> with a link is. Just ignore sites that time out.

BTW can you set up webalizer to ignore local visits, caused by the
urlcheck[1]? It's one of the Ignore* commands in /etc/webalizer.conf file.

[1] http://klecker.debian.org/webalizer/www.debian.org/usage_200102.html
shows relatively huge amount of traffic from klecker itself, I'm guessing
it's urlcheck.