Re: [BlakeH@DataChannel.com: Excalibur Search engine]

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 11:18:55PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Have your tried Excalibur as your search engine. It seems pretty good
> especially for searching for keywords embedded in docuements (even if they
> are MS Word, Excel, etc.).
>
> I don't know what your requirments are but check them out at
> http://www.excalib.com
> I believe they were just acquired by Intel.

That site would have to be in the running for most annoying site to
navigate and find information (it would never win of course due to the
extreme amount of Fear and Loathing that cisco's puts out, but anyway)

As far as I can tell from that infernal site, Excalibur is a commercial
software program, hardly DFSG-free stuff. I could be wrong, but I've
lost enough sanity from looking now.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>