Re: More about 'releases'

"James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org> writes:

> You are speaking specifically of the releases pages. That involves only
> the boot floppies people. I was being more general. There are docs,
> such as the FAQ, which we have on the web. We receive complaints
> about the docs and sending them to debian-doc never gets a response(*).
>
> We need a better method of communicating with the other groups that create
> content for the web pages. One solution would be if we had access to the
> source so we could simply fix problems ourselves.
>
> (*)Someone on the doc mailing list may claim they haven't seen any reports
> of bad links in the last year. That's simply because I stopped sending
> them.

FYI, I sent a proposal a *long* time ago about better integration
between the DDP and the debian Web pages.  I can track this down if
someone wants a copy, or resend.

I am the current DDP leader but as I'm also the boot-floppies leader,
I shan't really have time to get stuff done until after potato release
-- Joey Hess will be taking over as boot-floppies leader at that
point.

Regarding maint of the release/... area, I do not mind at all if folks
make corrections and such.  The install manual and release notes,
however, should not be correct in place as the source for those are
not the Debian Web CVS area but rather the boot-floppies CVS area, so
if you wanna work on that stuff, work out of the boot-floppies CVS.

Hope this clarifies -- sorry for the non-responsiveness.