Re: `boot-floppies' documentation naming conventions?

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 03:48:31PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>     >> Yesterday was the first time I read anything about that...  What I
>     >> learned is that with Apache "Options Multiviews", a file named like
>     >> "name.html.en" will be found when "name.html" is requested, but a
>     >> name like "name.en.html" will not, unless `mod_rewrite' is used...(?)
>     >>
>     >> Can you clue me in?  What should we be naming the documentation files
>     >> like so that things will function correctly on
>     >> <URL:http://http.us.debian.org/debian> and others?
>
>     Adam> The file naming we currently use is *guaranteed* to work on
>     Adam> www.debian.org and debian mirrors.  I don't know about the foo.en.html
>     Adam> vs foo.html.en -- I just did things (for slink, even!) the way that
>     Adam> they actually do other such pages on the debian web site.
>
>     Adam> Its already there for the slink area and it works.
>
>  Webmaster?  Can you please show me how you configure Apache for that,
>  just so I know how it's done?

It's as simple as:
<Directory /home/treacy/public_html>
        Options +Multiviews
</Directory>
in your /etc/apache/access.conf. You also need to make sure that every language
you wish to serve has an AddLanguage line in srm.conf and is listed in
LanguagePriority.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org