Re: [dave@guardiandigital.com: Linux Security]

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 02:30:49PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> This is a request from one of the guys running linuxsecurity.com.
> He said he would like a link on our security webpage to their site;
> currently we don't have any links to other sites and I don't want
> to give him a special posistion. However it might make sense to
> collect a couple of security-related sites and list them on the
> security page or a new seperate page.. can someone look into this?

I don't have any problem mentioning the source of advisories when we put
them out. But unless someone has the time to research every purported
linux security site out there (a lot of them seem fairly fly-by-night)
and keep the list up to date as they disappear, I'd stay away from it.
If they're a security clearinghouse site they should be linking to us;
we probably don't have the manpower to create a security clearinghouse
of our own (and why should we, if other people already are?)

--
Mike Stone