Re: devel/maintainer_contacts vs. intro/organization

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 10:13:43AM -0800, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> > I have recently updated the devel/maintainer_contacts page with all the
> > latest information I could find (it took me quite some time to find it
> > all!). However, there don't seem to be links to that page from anywhere.
> > I see intro/organization file is used instead, however, that file doesn't
> > even include any names of the people behind those generic e-mail addresses.
> >
> > Should the devel/maintainer_contacts file be removed now?
> yes

I'll go cvs remove it, then.

> > Can I update intro/organization with people's names?
> no
>
> The idea behind the organization page is to just list role contacts and then
> let each group list the people in the main page(s) for the group.

Ewww! But it is so dehumanized(sp?). People can't even find out the name of
our leader from it.

Yet there are two names and personal emails listed, Richard Braakman's, and
Guy Maor's, obviously because there is no alias @debian.org for their duty.

Besides, some groups don't have web pages, or the web pages are out of date
or obsolete...

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name