Re: vendor page

edward humphrey said:
> re:www.netcheck.ie.nu/linux
> i am a child care worker in dublin ireland.
That's an interesting contrast from using Linux.

> (2)debian is  super I sell ???? debian at no profet to me in a monetery way
That's fine.  You can also make a profit selling it too. We don't mind
either way.

> (3)my web site (www.netcheck.ie.nu/linux)was down fore a littel time and is
> back up ,my
> www.netcheck.ie/linux will be back up soon
> i am a newb to linux and see Debian as the most stabill platform
> to sujest to my sellers
> I will update my linux site soon two show more but am concerned that you
> will stll show my site as one one of ways to get Debian linux
Our main concern is that if someone goes to a vendor site, then they
should be able to work out how to get Debian GNU/Linux.  That's why
I've gone through checking all listed vendor's webpages.

Say you were a potiential Debian user in Dublin and you wanted to get a
Debian CD.  You went to the Debian vendor's page and saw there was a
vendor in Ireland.

So you go to http://www.netcheck.ie.nu/linux or
http://www.netcheck.ie.nu looking for the CD.  There's nothing there at
all that mentions Debian. So we both have probably lost a potiential new
user (believe me it happens, I receive webmaster@debian.org emails).

We don't need much there (of course the more the better) but even
something on the /linux page along the lines of...

Netcheck sells the Official Debian GNU/Linux CDs, email
webmaster@netcheck.ie.nu for details.

Ah, then the new user knows at least they've got the right page and
a way forward for them to get more info.

> (4)i want to get better at linux can you help me (can you tell my off sum
> one in ireland  who will help me)
I live in Sydney Australia so I probably cannot help you.  There is an
Irish Linux User Group, go to http://www.linux.ie/
Alternatively, join the debian-user email list, you can subscribe off
the main Debian page at http://www.debian.org/

> I want to still be a reg seller of Debian
Yep, I'll put you back in the list when somepage somewhere mentions a
Debian CD.  Let me know when you've done that.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/     <csmall@eye-net.com.au>