[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

urlchecker pages updated

The results of the latest run of the url checker have been
placed on http://people.debian.org/~treacy/urlcheck/

The only changes are that I have created a version of each (non-zero
length) file with just the english pages in it. This should make
it easier for people looking to fix the english version, which
for the bulk of the pages means the other versions will be fixed
when the translation is updated.

BTW, the script is working quite well. The problem with some bogus
'500 Server Error' returns from some sites has been diagnosed. The
problem is that some servers give an error when sent a HEAD (versus
GET), which I find incredible, as it is required under the spec.
Oh well, I guess specs were meant to be ignored. Who need compatability.
All the broken servers I have identified have been from Netscape.

James (Jay) Treacy

Reply to: