Re: Change to international directory

James A. Treacy:

> It has come to our attention that some people are not happy about typing
> 'international', so we have created a symlink
> intl -> international
> This means that you can access the language specific pages using
> /intl/<lang>

I would prefer not having symlinks at all on the web pages, but rather
doing redirects (301) for the old address. The thing with symlinks are
that the web has no concept of them whatsoever, which means that to the
outside (including any caching proxies on the way), it looks like
several distinct pages, which adds to the server load, for instance
when a search engine is crawling through the pages.

Basically, I prefer to have /intl/xx/, with the previous links as
redirects.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html