Re: html 4.0 validation for the site.

My intention in starting this thread was not to cause infighting.
As one of the replies said, we shouldn't claim html 4.0 compliance
unless we are fully compliant.

Part of the problem here is the html spec itself. It is sometimes
difficult to do what you want in a compliant way. For example,
it is often difficult to say 'I want a little vertical space here,
damnit!' without breaking the rules.

So we need to make a decision: do we claim compliance (and make
the pages compliant) or do we drop the claim of compliance?

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org