Re: some website build errors

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 07:22:36AM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:
> > make[3]: Entering directory `/org/www.debian.org/webwml/swedish/devel/debian-jr'
> > Makefile:11: *** missing separator.  Stop.
> >
> > Fix the makefile?
>
> I did that yesterday, is it still not building? (It builds locally).

Argh, there was a CVS conflict for some reason, sorry for the false alarm.
It worked fine now.

> > make[3]: Entering directory `/org/www.debian.org/webwml/swedish/devel/join'
> > wml -q -D CUR_YEAR=2000 -o UNDEFuSV:nm-members.sv.html@g+w   nm-members.wml
> > It seems the original nm-members.wml no longer exists. at ../../../english/template/debian/translation-check.wml line 49.
>
> The original was removed, and I didn't notice. I've removed the
> translation now. (It's a bit annoying that wml stops just because an
> intermediate step displays diagnostic information on stderr...)

Actually it's a die, not just a warn :) I put it there so that we can detect
these issues quickly.

Which reminds me, I have to do a rebuild of */devel/, there will be plenty
of cases like this there, a few of the translations haven't updated to the
new /devel/website/ and /mirror/ layout, unfortunately.

> I've changed my local builds so that I capture any error information
> from it, so hopefully I'll notice such things in the future.

Great. (you might want to share that information with the other translators)

> > make[3]: Entering directory `/org/www.debian.org/webwml/swedish/devel/misc'
> > make[3]: *** No rule to make target `card.tex', needed by `card.dvi'.  Stop.
> >
> > Not sure... perhaps the makefile is out of date, or even the original
> > doesn't use $(ENGLISHSRCDIR) properly or something like that?
>
> The TeX file is only in the English directory, and I had just copied
> the Makefile, which didn't work. I have commented out the offending
> lines.

Works now, thanks.