Re: html 4.0 validation for the site.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 09:50:25PM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:
> > However, that's not quite straightforward to fix because all that text
> > within <font></font> is in another file, the footer template. OTOH we could
> > just drop the helvetica font, there's no need to have that box font same as
> > the font in the other blue box, I just thought it would look consistent.
>
> Or you could do it right, and put the <p> outside the <font>.

Read that first sentence of mine you quoted above.

> > That's a hack to get more spacing between subsections of text.
>
> ...which doesn't work in all browsers (only the ones that are broken).

Yeah, everything is broken and it is absolutely necessary to pass all the
HTML validity checks in the world right this moment no matter how will it
look in browsers that are actually used.

> Just a thought to people that can't write valid HTML code;

Ability isn't the problem, it's willingness.

> do you use a syntax-forgiving C compiler as well?

Don't mix apples and oranges.