Re: Debian WWW CVS: peterk

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 08:22:54PM +0100, Debian WWW CVS wrote:
> Changes by:	peterk	00/11/12 20:22:54
>
> Modified files:
> 	english/MailingLists: HOWTO_start_list.wml
>
> Log message:

There you go again, picking strict standard compliance instead of page
looking good. I'd rather have HTML that makes all the checkers go bezerk
than to have pages that simply don't look good in most browsers. The way
how we convey the information to users matters, not what W3C or whoever
else thinks the code should look like.

The <p>s were there because otherwise there's lack of spacing between items.
I tested it in three console browsers and two X browsers before making those
changes -- it was most definitely an intentional change.

Can you make it look correctly _and_ be standards compliant?