Re: www.debian.org is now klecker.debian.org

Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 05:53:36PM -0500, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
> > While we are at it: What is with the old home directories from va.d.o?
> > Have they all been recovered? Or only on request?
>
> They're still on the semi-dead HDD, which Joey Hess says is making lots of
> ugly noise when working...

It's been making the noise all along. More worrying is that my last
attempt, 2 weeks ago, didn't actually manage to get *any* data off.

I'm going to try one more time, maybe try to do a last-ditch dd of the
entire drive which Jason thinks might involve less seeks and do better,
but if I fail we've lost the data unless someone wants to hire a data
recovery professional (or is one..). I'll be making this final try
sometime this week (I just finished ALS and moving, and have had no time
lately to work on it.).

--
see shy jo