Re: klecker.debian.org

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, James A. Treacy wrote:

> I can easily convert the Packages interface to use an apt-cache so having
> a mirror just for that isn't important. The Contents files can also be
> easily copied (used for searching for which package(s) contain a file).

I wouldn't bother really.. I assume we are going to able to tie this with
the Package Pool SQL database so it will all become a non-problem in a few
months.

> Another thing that we could improve is the serving of
> /usr/doc/*/{changelog.Debian.gz,changelog.gz,copyright}

Well, depending on demand we can just pull them out of their .debs on
request backed by a little db2 cache, that would be quite easy to code.

Move the packages stuff out of the main archive, use packages.d.o for it,
and leave it on master. At some later date we can fix all of it at once.

Jason