Re: depends on non-free _hardware_?

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 11:59:54AM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> There was a reason I added that bit, but I can't remember what it was. :)
>
> Looking through the packages in contrib, the only thing that resembles
> a dependence on non-free hardware is the emulators, which need ROM images.
> Since the images can be considered software with a non-free license
> and many people find the phrase confusing, I have removed it.
>
> If there are no objections, I'll close the bug in a few days.

I remember when this came up.  I think it had something to do with
another foolish American piece of legislation.  Vaguely recall some
hardware license where you could only use their drivers or something.

I don't think it really matters, most of this sort of hardware sucks
anyway. Ever seen what winmodems do to a PC's performance, heh!

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>