Re: RSS file for Dutch news

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 05:33:12PM +0200, E.L. Willighagen wrote:

> i want to place Debian news on a dutch news web site (http://linuxdot.nl.linux.org/),
> but for this i need to place a *.rss file on the webserver...

By *.rss, do you mean a .rss file for every file or what?

> It would be also cool if this file would be autogenerated from the News dir
> as well... consisting of the header, link to the news item on the Debian server and
> the first 100 words of the file (for example)...

I notice that dutch/debian.nl.rss is in cvs. How do you generate the file now?
Tell us how it is generated and we can easily make it generated automatically.

> This should be done by the 'make install'... but i do not know how to change
> the /webwml/dutch/Makefile ...

Does it really need to be on the website? If it is added to cvs, it can
be retrieved from
http://cvs.debian.org/~checkout~/webwml/dutch/debian.nl.rss?content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=webwml

--
James (Jay) Treacy