Re: time to remove all .gif from the site
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: time to remove all .gif from the site
- From: Tommi Vainikainen <email@example.com>
- Date: 02 Aug 2000 22:48:22 +0300
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: email@example.com's message of "Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:13:25 +1000"
- References: <20000730000752.A10841@landru.home.link> <20000731091325.B8495@eye-net.com.au>
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 12:07:52AM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
>> Would someone like to volunteer to replace all .gif on the site
>> with .png (or .jpeg where appropriate)?
> I can change the script for the buttons.
That isn't too hard. (Just apply s/gif/png/g to makebuttons.sh.)
If people really want to get rid of gifs, maybe somebody (Treacy?)
would decide date, when template/debian/(nav|menu)bar.wml will be
changed, so that translators can provide both gifs and pngs during
> Does netscape understand transparency yet?
No, at least my netscape didn't understand that yet. And my netscape
version is "Netscape Communicator 4.7"
You can test your browser at
<URL:http://metatron.tky.hut.fi/debian.org/>. And if you go there,
could somebody please explain what's wrong because there is that
strange "%body" text? (I only "make"d english and finnish languages,
and my www server (boa) doesn't support content-negotiation, sorry.)