Re: time to remove all .gif from the site

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, csmall@eye-net.com.au wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 12:07:52AM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
>> Would someone like to volunteer to replace all .gif on the site
>> with .png (or .jpeg where appropriate)?
>
> I can change the script for the buttons.

That isn't too hard. (Just apply s/gif/png/g to makebuttons.sh.)

If people really want to get rid of gifs, maybe somebody (Treacy?)
would decide date, when template/debian/(nav|menu)bar.wml will be
changed, so that translators can provide both gifs and pngs during
transition period.

> Does netscape understand transparency yet?

No, at least my netscape didn't understand that yet. And my netscape
version is "Netscape Communicator 4.7"

You can test your browser at
<URL:http://metatron.tky.hut.fi/debian.org/>. And if you go there,
could somebody please explain what's wrong because there is that
strange "%body" text? (I only "make"d english and finnish languages,
and my www server (boa) doesn't support content-negotiation, sorry.)

--
Tommi Vainikainen