website building under wml 2
I went around the site and fixed all those little syntax errors that wml2
detected. Please everyone, use weblint to check your code before commiting
to cvs. You can even do weblint file.wml, it'll report a few harmless errors
due to wml, but the rest of the output (if any) will be pure html errors.
tidy is another useful syntax checker, it just makes wacky output sometimes.
apt-get install weblint tidy
Now, the result: most of the site builds fine. :D I can't verify that the
Japanese pages do because lully.d.o doesn't have kcc installed, though. I'll
try to get that fixed soon.
There was one peculiar error with the Chinese pages:
make: Entering directory `/home/joy/web/webwml/chinese/Bugs'
wml -q -D CUR_YEAR=2000 -o UNDEFuZH@uCN:Developer.zh-cn.html.tmp -o UNDEFuZH@uTW:Developer.zh-tw.html.tmp --prolog=../bin/fix_big5.pl Developer.wml
ePerl:Error: Preprocessing failed for `/tmp/wml.4595.tmp1.wml': Cannot open source file `d' for reading
** WML:Break: Error in Pass 3 (rc=74).
make: *** [Developer.zh-cn.html] Error 1
I didn't have any clue what was this about... it took me a while to figure
out that it's due to these lines:
#The address of the original submitter of the bug report will be
#included in the default <CODE>To</CODE> field, because the bug system
#included it in the <CODE>Reply-To</CODE>.
If you wish to comment out some text, please put hash _and_ a space before
it, like this:
# The address of the original submitter of the bug report will be
# included in the default <CODE>To</CODE> field, because the bug system
# included it in the <CODE>Reply-To</CODE>.
That way accidental #use or #include can't happen.
(I've corrected this file already)
The only remaining error that I saw but didn't fix is:
make: Entering directory `/home/joy/web/webwml/english/international/l10n'
wml -q -D CUR_YEAR=2000 -o UNDEFuEN:i18n.en.html i18n.wml
/usr/lib/wml/exec/wml_p2_mp4h: ERROR:/tmp/wml.4885.tmp2.wml:1897: EOF when reading argument of the `td' tag
** WML:Break: Error in Pass 2 (rc=1).
make: *** [i18n.en.html] Error 1
It's due to some of that code that the scripts/*.pl files emit, I think, but
I don't have time to debug it right now. I'm hoping Denis or Jay can fix
this one :)
Digital Electronic Being Intended for Assassination and Nullification