Re: Machines lost?

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 12:16:29PM +0300, Tommi Vainikainen wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE wrote:
>
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/machines

> us where from did you found a link to that page?

It is linked from templates/debian/develbar.wml . All other links
to the devel/machines were deleted from the english/devel/*.wml months
ago.

> > Looks like the list of machines is available only in french
> > and japanese?  No english page anymore?
>
> Shouldn't those french and japanese pages to be deleted? Maybe some
> kind of redirection should be added. Does anybody know how to do
> permanent redirection with current system and with HTTP protocol
> layer, if not possible, maybe adding english page which would tell the
> truth would be user-friendly?

I'm removing those out of date translations. It is quite easy to add
http redirects to an apache server. The problem is we only have control
over www.debian.org, not the other mirrors, so is only partially effective.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org