Re: security.d.o webpage

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 09:39:40PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > > It seems to me that it a much better idea to just fix the main web
> > > site so that it doesn't have a huge latency. Pushing our 'fast'
> > > content out to other boxes because of that problem seems like a cheap
> > > hack.
>
> > What I'd really like is to have the build site and push mirror be the
> > same machine as the main web site. This would simplify many things.
>
> Well, if it is better for you then you should do it.

The way I see it, the build site should be a fast machine (only webwml
rebuilds take hours sometimes), push mirror should be a well-connected
machine (obviously), and the main website should be both (I guess all those
apache's swallow lots of resources). But I don't think we have any available
machines that can do all three, correct me if I'm wrong.

Moving the build site from master to a less loaded machine would be a good
start. Same goes for cgi.debian.org. Lully seems like a good choice for
that, I don't know if its T1 is sufficient for also being the push mirror...

> > Also, the web stuff should have it's own account. Can you set one up
> > for us, culus? I'll then move all the daily updates to that account.
>
> What exactly would you like, names, etc.. ?

Something like archvsync... account that would hold web-related cronjobs and
files. Name could be "debwww", like the group name, I guess.