Re: Translation of Debian WWW to Catalonian

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 07:28:29PM +0200, Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona wrote:

>           I've met some people who are interested in translating the
> Debian WWW (or parts of it) into Catalonian. For the moment, I'm going
> to help them (in the future, probably some of them will take up the
> coordination, since I'm not a native Catalonian speaker). I have
> accesss to the WWW CVS (I'm helping with the Spanish translation). I
> wonder if I should just start a new "catalonian" branch, and/or
> whether I should do some additional modifications to some files. Of
> course, if I need some kind of approval to start the new translation,
> just let me know. I also wonder if somebody knows the code I should
> use for the language (like the "es" we are using for Spanish). I
> suppose it is "ca", but I'm not sure.

Sorry for the delay.

Catalonian will need it's own directory. I just created the directory
'catalan' without thinking and added it to cvs. If you would prefer
that it go by 'catalonia' tell me and I will remove the directory
from cvs. If the current name is acceptable, a 'cvs update -d catalan'
from the webwml directory should add the directory locally.

For information on starting a new translation, take a look at
http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating

If or when you would like someone else to coordinate the translation,
just send me there namd and email address and I will create a cvs
account for them.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org