----- Forwarded message from Mark Phillips <mark> -----

Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:22:15 +0930
From: Mark Phillips <mark>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Hi,

I am currently not subscribed to debian-user simply because I don't
have the disk space to handle all the messages.  So what I do is read
it via the archives.  The problem is that there is a day or two lag
between a message being sent and it appearing in the archive.  This
delay makes interactive use of the list difficult.

The thought I had was: why not make the archive much more responsive?
Why not update it every few minutes?  Now perhaps there are good
reasons why this is not possible????  But I would have thought it
wouldn't be too hard.

Surely a web based interface to the list is a more efficient way to go
in any case?

Cheers,

Mark.

--