Re: fix to search_contents.pl

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 10:28:02PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> The following patches allow for different archs to be searched from, and
> allows paging of the output(ie, page 1, page 2, page 20).

Good idea, although there were a couple of problems with the code, untainted
variables (fixed thanks to Brendan O'Dea :). I have put a working version of
this in search_packages.new.pl, accessible from:
	http://master.debian.org/~joy/pn.html

Since I'm not one of the webmasters (I do have the write permissions, tho :)
I'd rather not link it from the /distrib/packages page until they approve of
it. Problematic thing is that every new page requires a new run of zgrep, so
master suffers a bit more... perhaps we could move the CGI scripts to lully
or some other devilishly fast machine?

> There is still the issue where the Contents files on master(where
> cgi.debian.org is run) are not being updated from auric.  For that, it
> might require someone with more perms than me.

Either debian-admin or ftpmaster... the unstable Contents file points to
frozen there.