Re: [Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>] [RFC] DDP and www.debian.org merger

On Sat, Mar 25, 2000 at 05:27:48PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> I am currently soliciting volunteers who know SGML/CVS/Make/WML to
> help with this integration.
[snip]

One thing always bothered me: I don't know if we want to move the whole CVS
data with a document, instead of simply starting over from 1.1; if so, can
someone do it remotely, or do we need someone with root on cvs.debian.org to
mv the *,v files manually?

Also, the existing stuff in the /doc/ directory of the web pages needs to be
re-organized. Currently, the FAQ (FAQ/) and the New Maintainers' Guide
(maint-guide/) have their own sub-directories, whereas the Policy, the
Developer's Reference and the Packaging Manual are stuck in the
packaging-manuals/ subdirectory (along with some other stuff). That
should be cleared up.

BTW I was added to debwww group recently, but several permissions in the
directory (on master) still aren't writable by me. Perhaps a chgrp+chmod
with -R option should be executed automatically after each web update. Also,
when invoking wml on files, the "@g+w" part should be added to -o output
files, so that wml chmods the files automatically, too.