Re: `boot-floppies' documentation naming conventions?

Hi, Karl. Thank you for your continuous work.

# I change the address of "Webmaster <webmaster@debian.org>"
# to debian-www list "debian-www@lists.debian.org" in Cc: list.

In article <87ln3f5hby.fsf_-_@bittersweet.inetarena.com>,
  at 19 Mar 2000 03:29:05 -0800,
    on `boot-floppies' documentation naming conventions?,
 karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:

>  Yesterday was the first time I read anything about that...  What I
>  learned is that with Apache "Options Multiviews", a file named like
>  "name.html.en" will be found when "name.html" is requested, but a
>  name like "name.en.html" will not, unless `mod_rewrite' is used...(?)

"name.en.html" can be accessed by "name".
So, you can look your prefered language version (if you have set it
in your www browser setting) by specifying "http://www.debian.org/";,
"http://www.debian.org/index";. but "http://www.debian.org/index.html";
does not work.

"name.lang.html" has ".html" suffix, and it is a kind of merit
if you look it as a local file with your browser.

>  Can you clue me in?  What should we be naming the documentation files
>  like so that things will function correctly on
>  <URL:http://http.us.debian.org/debian> and others?

Debian web pages are made in style of "name.lang.html".

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>