Re: New Search Engine?

On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 11:45:31PM +1100, Craig Small wrote:

> It's quite an interesting model, what they've done, here is some
> evil ascii art about it
>
> website --> indexer --> postgresql   [indexing the site]
>
> search page (php) <-- postgresql     [searching the site]

As long as it works, this is fine. postgresql should already be
installed on master. You'll need root access, though, to set
up access and to restart postgresql. I found it dies every
few days (or more frequently. I'm not sure).

I'll need postgresql too for the next generation of the package
pages. Now that I've got apt-cache indices of all the
distributions on master, it shouldn't be difficult to set up.
The apt-cache indices are important because 'apt-cache depends'
can be used to get fully expanded dependencies based on the
current state of the archive.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org