FWD: packages

----- Forwarded message from Mark Sutton <mark@physics.mcgill.ca> -----

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:56:57 -0500 (EST)
From: Mark Sutton <mark@physics.mcgill.ca>
To: dwn@debian.org
Subject: packages

Dear Joey Hess,

I like the Debian News feature and read it regularly. Thanks
for the work you do.

I have one comment that I think would help the web site be better
but I do not know the work involved. It may also be that the information
is already there and I don't know how to access it. I like the list
of new packages that is included each newsletter but find the brief
description fustrating. My natural reaction is to click on the link to
the package. When I do that I go to the package page and it gives me
a list of dependencies and where to download the package. Is it possible
to add a link to the documentation for the code or to a more complete
description? I dislike having to download the package just to see if I am
interested in using it.

To be more explicit in the current newsletter is the package description:

	unison: A file-synchronization tool for Unix and Windows

I am at a loss on how to find more information about this package without
downloading the package and installing it.

Thanks
Mark Sutton

----- End forwarded message -----

--