Re: [nm-admin] Re: "New Maintainers Corner" at the main Debian Page

Hi.

Since Dale wrote that I (me) have this job as the liaison of
his New Maint team to the www team, I will work here.

In <20000211123127.H17408@landru.math.uwaterloo.ca>,
 at Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:31:27 -0500,
  on Subject: Re: [nm-admin] Re: "New Maintainers Corner" at the main Debian Page,
   "James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 02:58:06PM +0000, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >
> > Can I ask that you help Sano make the connection with the "right"
> > maintainer? We should know in a week or two (hopefully not much longer
> > than that), just what we want on the web page, so stay tuned.
> >
> Accounts are set up by me. Just to double check, the account information
> should go to Taketoshi Sano <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>?

Thanks. I have received your mail.

# the mails to sano@debian.org are sent to kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp currently,
# so you can use either one, as you like.

> Regarding your needs. Would it be sufficient to give you an entry
> on the menubar on the left of the Developers' Corner, which points
> into the directory 'NewMaint'? You could then do what you want in
> that directory. If you only need a single page we could put the file
> directly in the devel directory.

Dale Scheetz and us, the New Maint team have not defined what is needed
on the new "New Maintainers Corner".

Dale wrote:

> > The first job will be to set up a link on the main Debian page to a "New
> > Maintainers Corner". Currently new-maintainer@debian.org is pointing at
> > me, as it should be. We should advertise this address as the contact point
> > for applicants in a prominent location on the NMC page. Eventually we will
> > want to put up some kind of "status board" that will indicate the current
> > applicant's level of completion within the process, probably along with
> > some kind of "odometer" like gauge at the top, totaling the number of
> > applications processed since 1 Jan 2000. The specifics of what to say on
> > this page can be worked out between the liaison, the web page maintainer,
> > and the rest of this committee.

I suppose that we need a directory rather than a page (a file) to build
the "status board" system which indicate the process information.
But I have not understand the image of that system yet, so it may be wrong.

BTW, Dale wrote "Currently new-maintainer@debian.org is pointing at
me, as it should be. We should advertise this address as the contact
point for applicants in a prominent location on the NMC page."

Do we need to change the following information written in
devel/maintainer_contacts.wml ?

<LI>Developer Related Jobs:
   <UL>
        <job New Maintainers>
                <genericemail new-maintainer@debian.org>
                <member "Martin Schulze" joey@debian.org>
                <member "James Troup" james@nocrew.org>

I think Dale Scheetz should be added here as "member" at least.
I don't know whether Martin and James prefer to show their name here,
or not. Any comment ? (I send this mail to joey and james to ask them
about this.)

Regards.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>