Re: Up-to-date check failing

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 12:34:38PM -0500, Aurelian Melinte wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am trying to commit some changes and I constantly get the following:
>
>   -> Sending file `index.wml' to server
> S-> checkout (/cvs/webwml/webwml/romanian/index.wml,v, 1.3, , (function))
> cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `index.wml'
> cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!
>
> That happens for any file I am trying. What exactly is the problem, what do
> I have to correct?
> Thanks,

Someone else has committed a change since your last update so you need to
do a 'cvs update' before committing. This will merge the changes with
yours automatically. You must be very careful, though, if you get a
conflict (denoted by a line beginning with a 'C'). If you get a conflict
make sure that you edit the file and fix the file before committing again.

This is even more important when editing the template files. A mistake
in there can break everything.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org