Re: Y2k :-)

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 08:36:08AM +0100, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> I just thought this should be changed..
> "With the year 2000 fast approaching "

Craig, could you update (or simply replace) the y2k page with information
on the packages that had y2k problems? The DWN has a good list of packages
that suffered y2k problems. Note that wml is not on the list. It was fixed
long ago in potato, but the slink version has some problems.

After that, the section on the main page should be changed to the following:

<P>Debian passed into the year 2000 with flying colors. Of the more than
4000 packages in Debian less than 10 had problems and none of them
affected the usability of the program. The only commonly used programs
affected were emacs and groff.
The <A href="y2k/">Debian Y2K page</A> will be available for a few months
and lists the packages that had problems. An update of Debian 2.1 will
be released shortly which includes fixes for all the affected packages.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org