Re: Search Engine

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 10:35:47PM +0200, Marcin Owsiany wrote:

> I might be wrong, but I had used htdig a few months ago and i can remember it
> _had_ some options for digging locally (i.e. no web server).

It could have been implemented since I last used it.

> And as for speed, it is not on your list :->

I think ability to handle > 1GB implies a certain degree of speed. :)
When I tried to index 300MB it took forever so I imagine the 1.4GB
of the list archives is out of the question. Again, it is possible
they have made some speed improvements in more recent versions.

Jay Treacy