Re: your mail

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 12:13:50PM +0200, BKrith wrote:
> hi my name is Bill Kritharakis and i am from Greece.
> As i have noticed there is not at this time any support for my laguage (Greek) at Debian.
> I would be glad to start the translation of the web pages at start.
> But as i read in the web translation howto it is not possible for me to work these pages on a
> Linux based computer on this format, as i only have access to a Debian Linux computer at
> my univercity. It is difficult to use that computer for that task as it is needed in other areas.
> So please inform me if there is a way to work on these web pages on my uncles Pc which
> uses Windows.

I believe there is a CVS program for windows available. If you uncle's
computer is connected to the internet, then you could use such a program
to do the work from his machine.

An alternative is to use CVS to get the files to a machine at the university
and then bring the files home to work on them. If the problem at the
university is simply space, you don't need to create a local copy of
the entire web site at once. You could simply fetch only those directories
you are working on.

Another thing to consider is finding a group of people to work on this
with you. This is a good idea anyway as most people find it difficult
to do a translation alone for a long time. If your university has a
Linux Users' Group, approach them about getting a group to work on it.
If your university doesn't have a LUG, start one!

Jay Treacy