Re: a possible glimpse replacement

"James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org> writes:

> I believe he would prefer a program that allows you to index files
> directly as opposed to having to go through a web server.

Yes, and also I want a program where I can substitute my own program
to preprocess and postprocess the data files.

I'd like to build separate indexes of body, subject, and author and
then you could search on combinations of those fields.  A preprocessor
is needed for this, and I also want to prevent the false matches from
the thread navigation links.

Guy