Re: packages.debian.org

On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 11:40:01PM +0100, Vincent Renardias wrote:
> > One more feature (or a bugfix since it pointed to 404 before :) has
> > been added: you can call http://packages.debian.org/some_package and
> > it will redirect you to the search results on some_package. Jason
> > Gunthorpe enabled that one too (thanks!).
>
> Interestingly enough, it works fine for the 'mount' and 'wine' packages,
> but not for 'gdb' or 'sac' (while they all in the main section).
> Any reason to this?

I tried now for gdb, and it points me to:
http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=gdb&searchon=names&version=all&release=all
which is the exact same location of where the /distrib/packages.html
points me after submitting the form (with all these options the same).

So, it is the searching system that fails. I am CC:ing this to debian-www
so that the webmasters can know about the problem.

BTW it is possible too that it fails because of incorrect Packages files from
where the web pages information is read, but not in gdb's case, because
http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/devel/gdb.html exists (I didn't
check the actual info, just checked that it exists).