Re: death of the gif format

James A. Treacy said:
> Does anyone have any experience with a popular site that has switched to
> png?
>
> Who is willing to take on the conversion? Also, are any of you willing to
> be joined to webmaster to answer the mail we'll get as a result of switching?

I changed my own personal site http://www.eye-net.com.au/ over to pngs
(I'd hardly call it a popular one though) and found that you can have
all sorts of wierd problems with them.

I can certainly arrange for the debbar.pl file to use pngs though I
couldn't correctly get the alpha channel happening for me in gimp, which
means transparency didn't work too well.

At least I got the libgimp-perl deb working again.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/     <csmall@eye-net.com.au>