Re: no link to the y2k page?

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 02:49:34PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> I just had somebody ask me if there was any y2k-info for Debian.. a quick
> search of the site revealed absolutely nothing..
>
> Some looking around on va produce http://www.debian.org/y2k/, which has
> some info but seems really incomplete.
>
> Is that page still intended to be our y2k-page, and if so why is there
> no link to that page?

We thought it was important enough that a link is right on the
main page. Scroll down a page and you'll see it.

Everyone considers their part of Debian important and thus wants
it linked off the main page. This is simply human nature. The
result is a main page that grows to contain so much information
that people can't find anything. I'm afraid we are approaching
that point again. We had the same problem before the last web
reorganization.

Anyone care to spend a little time looking into some reorganization?
We need to make sure that information is organized so that it is
easy to find.

Jay Treacy