Re: Idea to improve PR

Martin Schulze wrote:
> I wonder if it would make sense to add a page on the webserver
> listing people and packages where Debian maintainers have become
> upstream maintainers or were upstream by nature.  This would at
> least show that we're not only working on our distribution.
>
> I don't know how many packages are affected but I'd guess they're
> about two dozen at least.

Excellent idea. Here is a preliminary list, I just looked for .tar.gz files
in unstable that were not .orig.tar.gz files. I made 3 lists, actually. But
I know the first list is incomplete, because some things like cfingerd and
sysklogd didn't show up by this method and I had to add them by hand.

Packages with debian developers as thier upstream maintainers, that may be
in use by people outside debian. I have marked packages I'm sure are in use
elsewhere with a star.

* alien
* cfingerd
* sysklogd
* sysvinit
userv
syslog-summary
fdflush
* grub
* hurd
* ld.so
* modconf
* wvdial
bock
curves
m68k-vme-tftplilo
uutraf
members
vmelilo
libpam-mkhomedir
libpam-motd
locale-ja
locale-ko
pppconfig
hostname
mkrboot
* electric-fence
liwc
nasm-mode
pointerize
diploma
* sysadmin-guide
verse
* sex
vivid
ncurses-hexedit
* savant /* debian developer is one of a number of coauthors */
* tyvis /* debian developer is one of a number of coauthors */
* an
filters
empire-hub
empire-lafe
* gnomehack
xchain
ean13
ppmtofb
liblockfile
lockdev
publib
svgalib-dummy
mailcheck
mime-construct
signify
smtp-refuser
spamdb
spamfilter
lbdb
libplot-perl
r-pdl
seesat5
spline
wzip
rpncalc
diskless
lockfile-progs
kernellab
dnscvsutil
ftp-upload
ftpwatch
ipip
netselect
nsmon
* perlmoo
rlinetd
statnews
* pdmenu
2utf
deroff
langdrill
lincredits
* witalian
authbind
blinkd
setcd
falselogin
fakeroot
libtricks
* ltrace
nvram
tagtypes
* ticker
bookmarks
gnats2w
urlredir
skattek
horde-core
big-cursor
buici-clock
fvwmconf
oneliner
* xfstt
xtranslate
xtrlock
* wmbattery

Packages authored by debian developers, but not used outside debian because
they're debian-specific:

menu
apt
boot-floppies
console-apt
cruft
debsums
dftp
dunc
equivs
gnome-apt
dconfig
file-rc
suidmanager
vrms
adduser
base-files
base-passwd
debianutils
dpkg-ftp
dpkg-hurd
dpkg-mountable
dpkg-multicd
dpkg
perl-base
dbuild
cvs-buildpackage
lintian
debian-test
debmake
dh-make
dpkg-scriptlib
dpkg-awk
devscripts
dupload
debhelper
kernel-patch-2.2.10-i386
kernel-patch-2.2.10-powerpc
kernel-patch-2.2.9-powerpc
pentium-builder
quinn-diff
yada
pkglist
debiandoc-sgml-doc
doc-base
developers-reference
dhelp
doc-debian-es
doc-debian-fr
doc-debian
debian-policy
dpkg-doc-ja
dwww
installmanual-de
maint-guide
maint-guide-es
debian-guide
debview
emacsen-common
geda
int-fiction
perl /* dummy package, not all of perl! */
debbugs
java-common
java-compiler-dummy
java-virtual-machine-dummy
miscutils /* dummy package */
pkg-order
popularity-contest
kernel-package
user-de
user-es
user-ja
mime-support
ipmasq
debiandoc-sgml
dtm
sgml-base
task-sgml
bug
debget
grep-dctrl
ruari-diff
dpkg-cross
reportbug
theme-converters
xaw-wrappers

Packages that for some other reason have no .orig.tar.gz. These may be
forks, or mistakes, or may be this way for some reason I can't tell:

apmd
defrag
ja-trans
loadlin
opie
pam-apps
pwgen
sxid
tmpreaper /* fork */
systune
atari-bootstrap
casio
efax
tkhylafax
cmucl
cvsweb
gide
haskell-mode
kernel-patch-2.0.35-alpha
kernel-patch-2.0.35-sparc
kernel-patch-2.0.36-m68k
kernel-patch-2.2.0-sparc
kernel-patch-2.2.1-netwinder
kernel-patch-2.2.1-sparc
kernel-patch-2.2.5-netwinder
kernel-patch-2.2.9-netwinder
kernel-patch-2.2.9-pc9800
nana
libape
series
sorcerer
kernel-patch-2.2.10-netwinder
kernel-patch-2.2.10-pc980
pccts
kernel-patch-2.2.10-raid
lib-xt-java
angband-doc
cil
clips-doc
doc-linux-de
doc-linux-pl
doc-linux-hr
doc-linux-ja
doc-linux-ko
doc-linux-sv
doc-linux-zh
heise-register
icl-faq
ivtools-doc
ldp-ligs
ldp-lkmpg
ldp-sag-it
pj-* /* 22 packages */
vdk-doc
doc-linux-html
manpages-pl
beav
crypt++el
august
vim
ava
avra
heyu
xpilot-extra
povray-manual
saoimage
tkpaint
xsane
clue
gnome-guile
ipchains-perl
libapache-session-perl
libprpc-perl
hermes1
slatec
asmail
coolmail
xfaces
dstooltk
geomview
grafix
gsl
genius
plotmtv
r-cran
xtide
barracude
bioperl
display-dhammapada
file-kanji
svsvbanner
bridgex
gnudip
lambdacore
wanpipe
mtr
httptunnel
radiusd-cistron
redir
rrdhcpcd
snmptraplogd
tcputils
yagirc
newsflash
termcap-compat
cdrtoaster
wmrack
tclmidi
timidity-patches
rexima
c2ps
diction
iczech
idanish
sgml-data
swedish
translate
tkdiff
autofs
bsdmainutils
limo
floppybackup
quickppp
sysutils
tkps
cgi-scripts
htget
imp
libapache-mod-dtcl
gsfonts
wmaker-data
wmcpu
wterm
xfntmizi-ko
xipmsg
xmem

I'm going to investigate this last list more closely, and probably file a
bunch of maint-only bug reports.

--
see shy jo