Re: new comparison pages

>*Darren O. Benham wrote:
>> Why not make it part of the wml system?

>  I looked at the cover page for wml.  I am not sure wether it is
>well suited. Probably yes.  The pages are mostly very long lists.
>They are  generated by overly-complicated perl scripts.  The links
>at top and bottom could be standard.  They are added by hand
>at this point (I thinkd Adam diC. did it).
>  Unfortunatley, I don't want to take the time now to convert the
>pages.  I don't know if I can find the time before the next release.
>
>  In the interim, the easiest solution would be to give me
>write access to a directory, and I can update it manually every
>week.

I agree with John.  I don't think there's a very good match between
WML and his system because the reports are pretty much hand-generated
at John's discretion, and because those reports require up-to-date
access to packages files....  I guess it could be done but I haven't
looked into it.  It would be complex -- you'd want to make sure we
don't rebuild the reports every day.

Anyhow it's a whole ball of wax.  AFAIK, most of the bulk "derived"
pages such as the mail list archives are not in CVS nor WML.