Re: Web Site Size

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 03:50:44PM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> Here are the top level directories over 1 Meg.  Qty is from du in kilobytes
>
> 1072    debian.org/security
> 1332    debian.org/doc
> 1395    debian.org/ports
> 2106    debian.org/devel
> 2191    debian.org/SPI
> 2325    debian.org/News
> 3594    debian.org/lintian
> 39162   debian.org/Packages
> 52599   debian.org/berlin
> 247856  debian.org/Bugs
> 265577  debian.org/releases
> 1472703 debian.org/Lists-Archives
>
> One thing we could try is limiting Lists-Archives to 2 years and anything
> older than just provide the mbox zipped up (by month or year)

Something needs to be done about the List Archives. My vote would be
to do what Darren suggests with 1 month mbox archives (gzipped), but
switch to archives at 1 year instead of 2.

BTW, future releases will probably not store the install files in
the web space so the releases directory will shrink in size.

Jay Treacy