Re: When an Official CD is not

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 01:48:52PM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> G'day All,
>   A quick trawl around http://www.debian.org/distrib/vendors finds some
> CD entries like
>   CD Type: Official CD + non-free + vendor additions
>

> To me this is a contradiction; Is it the Official CD or not?
> Sooo, we need a new term for this, what is that bit called, or do we
> keep it as Official CD.
>
> I was thinking of base, but that doesn't sound right.
>
> So what do you call a CD that is made up files from base and say non-free?
> VendorRelease is not that descriptive, perhaps
> VendorRelease (base + non-free + non-US)
>
> What do people think?

The definition of Official CD(s) is that the CD(s) are made from the
images that we supply. My intention in using 'Official CD + ...' was
to imply that the Official CD(s) are sold plus additional disks
containing ...

If this isn't clear then we should modify it. If you find this confusing
please suggest something that makes sense to you. Maybe all we need to
do is make it more clear what Official CD means.

Jay Treacy