Re: Providing Logos

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 02:36:01PM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> With the old logo, we provided JPGs, PNGs and GIFs as well as anvarious
> vector formats for peole who atned to create their own format/size...  Do
> we still want to provide all the different formats or maybe just (choosing
> one) jpgs and vector (I currently have xfig)?
>
> Other than deciding that, the new logo pages are almost done

I'm all for picking one format to provide the most common sizes
(.jpg or .png) plus a single .fig, .ps and .xcf version.

The big question is whether we should use .jpg or .png for the
supplied versions. I vote for .png.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I still believe we should
use .gif for the images on our site until .png is supported by
a large enough percentage of browsers in use. This wouldn't
be a problem except there are a lot of people using old versions
of browsers.

Jay Treacy