Re: Installing the Chinese web pages

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 12:28:10AM -0600, Anthony Fok wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Could someone please install the Chinese translation of the Debian
> web pages?  Right now, the links to the Chinese pages are already
> showing on the bottom of the main page, but the pages do not exist.
> (i.e. 404 error).  Thanks a lot!  :-)

The links are based on the existence of the .wml files, not .<lang>.html
in the destination directory. If a .wml page is committed it will
get a link even if its page is not installed. This is not optimal,
but was simple to implement.

I have not done a make install on the chinese pages because when a
make is run only .zh.html files are created, not .zh-??.html.
What is needed to make the pages properly? I admit that I haven't had
a chance to look into this at all.

Jay Treacy