Re: link to devel/release_info

James A. Treacy wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 09:09:02AM -0800, Darren Benham wrote:
> > Will the release manager do it, though?  That's the important question.  We
> > can't dictate to him/them (when the post gets filled, has Richard been
> > confirmed in the post?)
> >
> I agree. Unless we ask these questions, there is no way we will find the
> answers.

I intend to keep a list of release goals that are being worked on,
which will then serve as the basis of a list of accomplished goals.
Is that the kind of thing you're looking for?

> This whole issue is release related. As it stands, what goes into
> a release is decided rather haphazardly (at least it appears that way).

It's mostly determined by what gets uploaded :-)

> P.S. Richard, this discussion arose when a link was removed from the main
> debian web page pointing to devel/release_info.html.

I took a look at it.  Where did the information on that page come from?
I don't remember anything about ncurses, for example.

> This document has a history of not being well maintained - in large
> part because it is difficult to get information. A release
> manager/group that is doing its job should have an easy time
> maintaining this page, in large part because they make the final
> decision on what goes into a release.

Indeed, but I am not necessarily aware of everything that gets done
during the development period.  I'm more likely to notice when there
are problems with something :)

Richard Braakman