Making the web pages more language independent

Often when editing a page I discover that there are items that make the
pages most useful for English speaking users. Even if the page is translated
the language bias will still be there. For example, on the contact page
there was only a mention of the english speaking user mailing list (just
fixed and committed to CVS). There are probably more subtle things done
on the pages that make the translation to some languages awkward.

How are we supposed to fix these unless they are pointed out to us.

With the exception of the translation to Croation, there have been only
a handful of suggestions and corrections submitted by translators. I imagine
that everyone doing translations knows html so could easily send a patch to
debian-www.

We'd appreciate it. Remember this is YOUR Debian.

Jay Treacy