Re: list archiver

On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 11:35:57PM -0800, Guy Maor wrote:
> Thanks to the debian weekly news articles, I noticed that Darren is
> looking into new list archiving software.  Serendipitously, I was
> playing around with mhonarc this morning.  I fixed the bug with
> Wichert's messages, and I made it generate split indices.
>
> I think I can just regenerate new indices and Wichert's messages, but
> I might have to regenerate the whole thing.  That would be a terrific
> hit on the mirrors, so we would then have several options:
> + Just keep the last year or so of messages.

No I one of the cool things about Debian is how open it is, and how you can read
mailing list archives way back.

> + Convert all the messages but only a little bit at a time.

I'd vote for this one, convert a month or few a day.

Speaking as mirror site.

Andrew

--
Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot

Andrew Howell
Perth, Western Australia			       andrew@it.net.au