Re: What web info do you want where?

James A. Treacy wrote:
> This is silly. People don't want notice of changes to the web CVS sent
> to debian-www. The listmaster doesn't want mail to webmaster
> sent to a mailing list. I want to do less work.
>
> Can we work out where to send different info people?

Args.  I feel that I have to argue here, again.

I don't think that it's useful to create a list debian-webmaster for
webmaster internal communication.

External communication and discussions with all interested people
are already held at debian-www.

Creating another list for the same issues will only result in
 a) massive Cc's between both lists
 b) people have to subscribe to both lists since some topics
    will be discussed only on one list
 c) webmasters mailbox - where important webmaster mails will end -
    will get filled up.

I would prefer if the webmasters would be added to the generic alias
webmaster@debian.org.  This address will then only be used for official
requests and webmaster internal communication.  Regular discussions on
web related things will be kept at debian-www@lists.debian.org.

This technique is already used by listmaster, new-maintainer, debian-admin,
spi, pgp-update etc.

And yes: I don't think it makes sense if webmaster would be re-directed
to a mailing list.  Redirecting to a list of people, to the team that
manages the website, I consider very useful instead.

Please think over this.

If you still want me to point webmaster@debian.org to a new mailing
list I'll do this.  I don't feel that I should have a veto here.
[ Just in case s/o thinks that I want to ratten your efforts. ]

Regards,

	Joey

--
All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory...
	-- Larry Wall