Re: Is NPL DFSG complient or not?

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> This means that if we distribute modified versions of an NPL'd
> program, we're going to have to keep source packages around long after
> we have replaced the binaries with new versions.  We have no mechanism
> in place for this.

Take a look at the GPL --- it says three years:

    b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
    years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your
    cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete
    machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
    distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium
    customarily used for software interchange; or,

Cheers, Phil.