Re: Problem with "/" and language negociation.

> We on debian-french have discovered a small problem with language
> negociation... It doesn't work with paths that end with a "/". Stuff like
> "http://www.debian.org/social_contract comes up in French, but stuff like
> http://www.debian.org/ doesn't.
>
> Looks like "/" is remapped to "index.html" when it should be mapped to
> "index". Another solution would be to have language negociation on files
> with a .html extension too.

A solution!
   DirectoryIndex index index.html index.shtml index.htm
in srm.conf should do the trick. You can get rid of the last three
entries if you want.

I'll get the apache maintainer to add this to the default srm.conf
and notify all the web mirrors to make this change.

For those with virtual servers, I believe this can be put inside a
<Directory> entry.

Jay Treacy